- Full assessments of children, teens, and adults to assess for various strengths and deficits of cognitive and psychological functioning.
- Full assessments often require up to 8 hours of face-to-face time with the examiner. However, time is based upon the nature of the referral.
- Common conditions referred to us for initial assessment or assessment of progression of symptoms include:
- Learning disabilities
- Traumatic brain injury/concussions
- Chronic pain conditions with associated psychological factors.
- We also conduct independent medical evaluations, which include review of medical records from all healthcare specialties, allowing us to make recommendations that take into account all aspects of physical and psychological health.
- We collaborate with many bariatric surgical centers and independent surgeons to provide pre-surgical bariatric psychological evaluations that follow the national guidelines.
- Our therapists are also trained to provide pre- and post-surgical psychotherapy services to support long-term success with lifestyle change and weight management, as well as support mental health concerns when appropriate.
Pain & Controlled Substance Evaluations
- We collaborate with many primary care providers (PCPs), physical medicine and rehabilitation (PM&R) doctors, and addiction medicine doctors to provide psychological evaluations when needed prior to various procedures, device implantation, or prescription of meditation (typically controlled substances).
- Our therapists are also trained to provide concurrent psychotherapy services to support short- and long-term success with pain management in conjunction with medications, other interventions, or in place of meditation when desired.